Salary Range: 100000.00 - 130000.00 per year (USD Permanent)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Victoria M. Pallotto
VISION: Long time $500M+ CT based business with consistent growth and profitability is seeking a #1 Payroll leader to support their US payroll function. Quality company looking for a high quality innovative Payroll Manager with multi–state in–house payroll experience and strong supervisory skills. Business is known for their long term commitment to both employees and customers.
OPPORTUNITY: Center stage #1 Payroll leader will mentor staff, evaluate process improvement initiatives and policies. Report to Controller and lead in-house payroll team of 5 and support payroll tax filings; treasury, audit and shared service team, Corporate and divisional Human Resources contacts and employees. Drive operational excellence and best practices across the payroll function. Hands-on leader will seek opportunities for improvement of all P/R processes, procedures, technology, and reporting. Be responsible for the following:
· Provide leadership, support and guidance to the in-house Payroll function for 2,500+ employees in 30+ states and Canada as well as international ex-pat employee compliance.
· Oversee and lead the timely and accurate scheduled payrolls (including i.e. weekly, biweekly, union, semi-monthly and monthly), off-cycle and ad hoc payroll processing including commissions, bonuses, equity compensation payments and executive benefits. Calculate prevailing wage/union pay rates.
· Provide guidance on maximizing in house JDE payroll system to ensure compliance, proper functionality and system efficiencies.
· Ensure best practices compliance with state and federal payroll regulations as well as international employee regulations.
· Support internal control audit requirements and partner with Big 4. Work with auditors and key stakeholders to respond to audit requests.
· Coordinate with Controller and HR to work through issues and resolves concerns associated with electronic feeds, payroll reconciliations and other related items.
· Design budget models for labor and related costs for operational group.
· Work interactively with IT personnel to implement software upgrades and document/update procedures.
· Provide guidance on all process improvement initiatives, challenges, issues and regulatory changes impacting payroll.
· Plan, monitor and coordinate with accounting ensuring proper records and reconciliations of payroll and related accruals.
· Manage and develop the centralized team of payroll professionals.
· Adhoc projects: develop necessary workflows, procedures and controls for best in class function, stay current on latest Federal and State income tax regulations, and support payroll integrations of acquired and sold SBUs.
REQUIREMENTS: BS required. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus. Seek 5+ years of P/R experience with a least 3+ years of P/R leadership experience supporting an In House payroll function with 1,500+ employees. Multi-state experience required, Canadian payroll and experience in prevailing wage/union experience is a plus. Previous in-house payroll experience in working with JDE, Oracle, or SAP is a big plus.
REWARD: $100,000 to $130,000 (DOE) plus discretionary bonus. Excellent benefits.
« Return to search results.