Senior Manager Technical Accounting - M&A
Salary Range: 115000.00 - 150000.00 per year (USD Permanent)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Victoria M. Pallotto
VISION:In last five years, this global consumer driven business has tripled revenues and profits primarily due to worldwide expansion into 35+ countries thru business development opportunities and organic growth. This is a center stage role with upside opportunity!
OPPORTUNITY: Company has global revenues over $2B and a solid P&L and balance sheet. Growth expectations are 20-25% due to pending acquisitions, introduction of new products, and worldwide expansion. Key components of this role are as follows:
· Lead all accounting for business development activities, including business acquisitions, in-licensing and collaboration agreements while developing strong working relationships with finance and strategy team
· Assist in review of proposed business development transactions; research and provide accounting guidance related to unique contracts and transactions
· Draft technical accounting memorandums supporting the proper accounting GAAP treatment for complex transactions
· Manage the valuation of contingent consideration
· Lead and manage external parties in valuation efforts associated with acquired assets, strategic investments and asset impairment reviews
· Perform annual impairment assessment for in process R&D assets, including the review of assumptions utilized within long-range forecasts
· Support forecasting for business development transactions
· Lead the quarterly asset impairment review process
· Understand, manage and improve technical accounting processes and deliverables
· Manage SOX controls and compliance for technical accounting areas
· Prepare footnotes associated with new business development transactions and related activities for SEC filings
· Assist with the provision of information to internal and external auditors
· Provide special project assistance as needed Required Qualifications
REQUIREMENTS: BS, Accounting, CPA required with 7+ years of relevant accounting and technical experience, including 5+ years of Big 4 audit/valuation experience
· Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and deep technical accounting knowledge
· Experience with M&A transactions and valuations experience
· Industry preference would ideally include pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology/life sciences industry
· Strong financial aptitude and critical thinking skills, ability to prepare, analyze and interpret complex data
· Strong executive response and presentation skills needed to interface with executive team and advisors
· Strong business orientation and desire to understand the company's business model and strategy
· Ability to consider the business implications, operational issues and complexities of transactions
REWARD: $115,000 to $150,000 plus 15%+ bonus, equity and excellent benefits.
« Return to search results.