Senior Operations Director
Salary Range: 140000.00 - 160000.00 per year (USD Permanent)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edward B. Bradstreet
Job ID: 12914
VISION: Looking for VP potential. Report to President within a medium to fast pace, make to contract manufacturer that has long term customers and over 50% organic growth in last 3.5 years. Culture is proactive and empowering. President is collaborative and values best practices, endorses, lean manufacturing, encourages new ideas, and seeks a make-it happen leader with upside. Looking for a leader with passion, drive and proactive attitude.
OPPORTUNITY: Lead manufacturing, warehousing and facilities. Partner with R&D, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality, Sales, and Human Resources. Lead 100 employees (plus temps) within a medium to fast paced manufacturing setting. Key functions are:
- Develop and implement short and long term operational excellence strategies to optimize the overall production model, drive continuous improvement and deliver industry leading customer service results.
- Partner with Supply Chain to evaluate capacity models and develop production plans to meet operational goals and KPI's in on time delivery, schedule execution, inventory optimization, and cost control.
- Coach and develop operations staff to achieve objectives while creating an empowered and accountable team culture.
- Drive continuous improvement by utilizing KPI's and key metrics throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Oversee and lead EH&S programs, driving employee involvement and ownership in developing a safety first / zero accident culture.
- Partner with all stakeholders to assure timely execution of new product programs and launches.
- Manage capital projects and operational plans to ensure on time, on budget execution.
- Oversee facilities and maintenance operations, including use of preventative maintenance programs and lean principles, to minimize facility and equipment downtime while meeting department budget objectives.
- Evaluate operational value streams for opportunities to incorporate new technologies, best practices and lean principles to provide an optimal strategy for reducing cycle times and maximizing performance against key KPIs and metrics.
- Integrate operational process with QA/QC systems to achieve top level quality results.
REQUIREMENTS: BS in Engineering or Ops Management is required; CPIM, Six Sigma, or CCIM is ideal. Seek 10+ years of overall experience with at least 3+ years as a hands-on leader in manufacturing and warehouse operations. Ideal candidate will come from a contract manufacturing setting that produces chemical, cosmetic, food, healthcare, or packaging products. Must have a strong understanding of lean manufacturing principles, continuous improvement, and visual management.
REWARD: $140,000 to $160,000 DOE plus bonus, excellent benefits, and upside.
« Return to search results.