Technical Accounting Manager
Salary Range: 120000.00 - 150000.00 per year (USD Permanent)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Victoria M. Pallotto
VISION: $700M+ multi-national manufacturing and distribution company has a role on its Controllers team! Focus on technical accounting and controls issues as it relates to acquisitions, joint ventures, consolidations, GAAP and SEC requirements. With manufacturing centers of excellence, distribution centers and business partnerships positioned globally the footprint is continually expanding. Company has a strong P&L and balance sheet with growth of 40%+ in the past 5 years due to acquisitions and organic growth strategies.
OPPORTUNITY: Report to Corporate Controller and work with CFO, CAO, Treasurer, SBU Controllers, M&A, Big 4 and corporate team. Responsibilities as follows:
· Provide technical accounting support, research and documentation and implement new accounting pronouncements, documentation, and identify implications
· Document conclusions on executed transactions in accounting position papers
· Develop and communicate global corporate accounting policies
· Support financial reporting and consolidation groups
· Evaluate and enhance internal control policies
· Perform technical accounting research documentation and communicate accounting implications (i.e. revenue recognition, leases, stock compensation, etc.), lead implementation
· Involvement in purchase accounting, valuation assumptions and integration of newly acquired companies
· Maintain and update company-wide accounting policies
· Partner with corporate accounting and internal audit group on establishing and documenting internal controls and procedures compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley 404
· Collaborate with business segments, prepare analysis and documentation around goodwill and long-lived assets
· Monthly/quarterly reporting and BU balance sheet reviews packages reviews ensuring GAAP & SEC compliance
· Stock compensation and Pension Plan accounting assumptions and reporting
· Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual
· Interact with Big 4 on annual audits and quarterly reviews on accounting matters
· Key contributor in continuous improvement projects.
REQUIREMENTS: BS required. CPA wanted. Straight out of the Big 4 or a Fortune 1000 company is ideal.
· 5+ years of any of the following: CPA audit; manufacturing accounting or audit; technical accounting; SOX & GAAP research experience in a manufacturing setting;
· SAP, Oracle, or JD Edwards, PeopleSoft experience;
· Ideally would like manufacturing and/or distribution audit experience;
· Hands-on leader sought to partner with all levels of management.
REWARD: $120,000 -150,000 plus up to 15% bonus potential. Excellent benefits. Seeking a promotable talent!
« Return to search results.