Latin American Commercial Lender
Salary Range: 100000.00 - 130000.00 per year (USD Permanent)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHY THIS JOB?
- Join a global commercial bank with over $350 million in lending assets
- Average loan duration is between 8 to 10 years and the portfolio has strong loan performance (risk adjusted returns)
- The company will be moving to larger space and will increase headcount by 20% in 2019 to support growth
- This is a performance management driven culture with robust incentive programs
- Gain expertise across 9 key sectors and multiple global markets
- Work directly with the Government of Mexico
COMPANY: Executive team is extremely established in this marketplace. This is a high-touch, direct access model that focuses on customers with annual sales between $10 and $100 million ("Middle Market") and a focus on cross-border investment. This is an entrepreneurial setting, so need someone that can be hands-on and likes to collaborate.
OPPORTUNITY: Report to the Chief Lending Officer-Latin America and interface with the c-suite. The Commercial Lender position is responsible for business development in line with credit quality standards, both in respect to existing relationships as well as new relationships. Develop sales plans, build referral sources, and centers of influence to drive business development in Latin America, with a focus on Mexico.
- Develop the credit application and manage it through the credit decision making process
- Perform analyses of financial statements, prepare presentations to credit committee
- Negotiate terms (collateral, covenants, pricing and other components) of lending agreements with customers at the initiation of the process; lead the overall structure of each deal based on customers' lending needs
- Bear overall responsibility for the loan closing process, ensuring legal documents reflect all terms as agreed to by customer in addition to making sure required documents and signatures are in place for loan closing
- Act as a quarterback with respect to customer contact, determining the level of customer contact for each of the team members assigned to the customer
- Prepare credit summaries and interact with co-lenders and government agencies
REQUIREMENTS: Fluency in Spanish. MBA and formal credit training preferred. 5+ years of commercial lending experience focused on Latin America.
REWARD: $100,000-$130,000 in base salary, plus bonus.
« Return to search results.