With the span of companies we service ranging from start-ups to publicly traded global corporations, Bohan & Bradstreet has fielded the question from many different standpoints. The answer is not one size fits all. Hiring executives in larger companies partner with our firm to strategically target talent during a period of growth, change, or to confidentially replace leadership. Smaller family owned businesses or startups may need our team to market opportunities, advise on organizational structure or identify a role that will align and deliver business goals.
Here are a few reasons why a partnership with B&B yields a high return:
1) Time is money. Our search professionals streamline the process with an in-depth analysis of the client company keeping an eye on short and long term goals to clearly identify the role. Only the top candidates are presented so the hiring authority is evaluating key people. Interview coordination and close contact during the hiring phase and on-boarding also tightens process time.
2) Marketing is paramount in attracting top talent for your company. Our search consultants are representing your brand, strategic initiatives and big picture goals. Our approach is to communicate clearly the vision, history, and uniqueness of the company before discussing the role within.
3) The human factor is something to consider. Our candidates are making a weighty decision that may affect family. Career moves are all about timing and our search consultants are experienced in balancing what is important to each party to bring about a mutually satisfactory outcome.
4) B&B search professionals are tapped into the talent pool. In most cases, our placements are currently employed and not active in the market. We are continuously connected to a wide range of talent in all areas of expertise so we can target specific players to bring to your table.
5) With recognition by Forbes as one of the country's Best Recruiting Firms, celebrating 32 years in business, and having a team with decades of experience "seeing it all" in recruiting, our team is trusted by our clients for discretion, dedication and landing the best of the best.
A venture capital-infused business had absorbed acquisitions and centralized core functions, but was not being innovative or responsive to customer needs. The VP of Engineering & Product Development wanted to bring in a new leader to manage and stimulate a group of talented engineers and product designers. Four months after initiating the search, there had been two turn-downs and no new candidates on the horizon. The COO called Bohan & Bradstreet (B&B).
B&B visited the company, met with the senior leadership team, and learned about their history, organization structure, culture, and strategy. In addition, B&B was provided with a detailed description of the opportunity and reviewed the frustrations of not securing the right talent. It became obvious to B&B that the level of the search was too low and that something was broken in the interviewing and evaluation process. B&B made recommendations to alter the title, compensation, and reporting structure of the role. B&B interviewed individually all executives included in the candidate evaluation process and identified the differences in the vision and expectancies of the role. Corrections were made, B&B defined the search process, and within three weeks had three candidates competing on final interviews.
The selected applicant started 46 days after B&B was originally contacted.