Thursday, September 17, 2015 by julie
To avoid turnover and lost productivity, employees must be engaged and feel positive about their work environment (e.g. role, culture, and boss). There have been many surveys on why talent leaves or stays and key drivers for retention are:
(1) working for a good to great manager, someone that you respect and can be informative and/or mentoring;
(2) feeling appreciated by the employer and this can come through recognition of achievements or praise for job well done;
(3) opportunity for career growth;
(4) a promotion or new title; and
(5) the opportunity to gain knowledge, develop new skills, and/or take on additional responsibilities.
Retaining talent is crucial for business growth and the success of any company.